Thursday, July 31, 2008

A week with Grandparents in the Country

Last week we traveled to Elkhart to visit my parents and celebrate my 30th birthday. The plan was for Josh to leave on Sunday to go back home for work, and Kate and I would stay for a few days longer. Josh wound up getting sick while we were there, so he didn't get to partake in any of the birthday celebrations. :( He did go home and was sick all alone with no wife to give him Pepto and tell him not to eat tabasco sauce on his noodles (long story.) Poor guy. The upside to the story is that Kate and I were able to avoid catching his stomach bug and enjoyed a wonderful, relaxing week in the country. Here's a few pictures to document our time.

Now don't gross out. That's just a melted Snickers bar. While in Elkhart I helped my mom host a baby shower for my cousin, and we played the "guess the melted candy bar in the diaper" game (which, by the way, went over great with that side of the family...they LOVE the potty humor). My brother thought it would be hilarious to give Kate one of the diapers and get her to taste it, then blackmail her with the picture when she's 15. Here we're trying to coax her to take a lick...her expression says it all: "You want me to do what??"

My 30th birthday with a sweet little munchkin by my side.

On my parents' back porch.


Kate and her playmate, Grandma, who thoroughly entertained Kate the entire week and even let me sleep in each morning!


It was really hot outside, so Kate spent time nearly every day cooling off in this wash basin on the porch. So country.

Picking tomatoes in the garden.

Taking it easy in the swing...ahhhh.

Kate had a blast running around and exploring. I know she can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

Cheng family said...

Your pictures are so sweet. I love the last one of her exploring. It looks like it was a great week (at least for you 2!).