Thursday, January 17, 2013

Christmas Memories 2012

We had a busy but wonderful time this holiday season.  Early in December, we traveled to Elkhart for a Crisp/Hernandez family gathering, and also a family wedding shower in honor of Sherrill.  We enjoyed unseasonably warm weather, and we ate our early-Christmas dinner on my parents' back porch, which was lovely.  The week of Christmas, we gathered again in Elkhart to spend time with my parents, my brother and soon-to-be sister-in-law, and the Ralph extended family.  It is always wonderful to spend time with cousins that we don't get to see very regularly.  These pics highlight our time and travels.

Crisp family meal on my mom & dad's porch.
The Crisp/Hernandez families.
 
Jill and Granny

Kate and Granny

The soon-to-be flower girls received a special book and necklaces from Uncle Casey and Sherrill.

Jill's new scooter from us was a hit.

I think Kate's favorite present was a handmade doll and clothes from her grandma and grandpa. 

Kate got a big-girl bike from us.
Relaxing with my sweetie.  I can't get over how old she looks in this photo.

We spent some time fishing in my folks' pond.  I really like to fish, and Jill seems to have inherited my interest.
Jill's first fish out of Grandma & Grandpa's pond! A good-sized catfish.

The Ralph clan at Aunt Linda & Uncle Ricky's home.

Kate and cousin Addison.  

Petting the horses is always a treat.

We drove home to have Christmas Eve & Morning in our own house.  Kate and Jill woke up to a  few gifts from Santa Claus.  Requested and received were a "wedding doll" (for Kate) and "Princess & the Pop Star" Barbies (for Jill.)



Fun, fun fun!
 

Merry Christmas!  We hope you had a joyful holiday celebrating Emmanuel, God With Us!

No comments: