Friday, October 16, 2009

A Girly Girl

Despite a total lack of coaching or prompting in this area, Kate has become a lover of all things princessy, frilly, fluffy, and shiny. Is this a phase all girls go through? If it is, I sure don’t remember experiencing it. As far as I can recollect, I was a tom-boy through and through. My idea of playing dress up was to tie a cape around my neck and fly around the room as Batman. (I always made my cousin or my younger brother be Robin--somehow I think I realized that even Robin was too girly.)

I always hoped that my daughters, if I had any, wouldn’t be girly girls. But of course, God has a sense of humor so it really didn’t surprise me that much when we passed a Cinderella costume at HEB this week and Kate nearly exploded with excitement. Maybe future Halloweens will bring us astronauts, pirates, or Batman. At least for now, Kate is every inch a girly girl. And, I hate to admit, it is awfully fun to watch.







2 comments:

Charis said...

She sure is a cute girly girl! I guess that dress will bring lots of costume dress up in your near future :)

Rocky and Sunee said...

She looks so grown up. Funny both our girls are hitting this at the exact same time. It's awesome.