Monday, April 6, 2009

Kate's Week with the Grandparents (a.k.a. My Spring Break!)

Over the week of Spring Break, my mom and dad offered to watch Kate and give Josh and I a little stay-at-home vacation. It was wonderful! Kate spent a fun-filled week in the country, while I had a productive and relaxing week at home. I slept in every day, completed my entire to-do list (everything from spring yard clean up to finishing Kate's baby book), Josh and I ate out multiple times that week with no kiddo in tow (think of it!), and I even had time for some pampering for myself. Now, I've felt a little guilty sharing my wonderful spring break with some other stay-at-home moms, who--whether they admit it or not--tend to have a glazed look of envy when they hear about my week. So, if you're thinking the only pampering you know involves diaper cream and wipes...forgive me, I just had to share. :)


Here are some snapshots that my parents took during Kate's week with them:


Sitting on Grandpa's tractor:

Checking out the bunnies & chicks at their local co-op:
At the Tyler Zoo:

Helping Grandma clean up:

Ah, fresh country air!

2 comments:

The Wilcoxson's said...

One day I will get a week to myself. I am glad that Kate had such a great time. She looked like she enjoyed her week without mommy and daddy. I am glad that you got some time yourself. Those moments mean so much more when you have children then before you had children. Nice Spring Break. We are only slightly envious.

cheryl said...

What a fun blessing! Looks like Kate had a pretty fun time herself. :o)