Monday, January 28, 2008

Chompers

After much wishin' & hopin', one of Kate's top front teeth is finally coming in! She's been working on it for several days, and this morning I saw a sliver of white poking through her gums. Oh, these moments are bittersweet, aren't they? She's just not going to look so babyish with top teeth! Last night we gave her a teething biscuit to help massage her gums, and once I saw that a mess was inevitable, I just quit wiping and let her have at it. She really enjoyed it, and here's the evidence:



In other news, Kate's also been battling a cold for the last 5 days, but today she seems to be doing much better. She hates the nasal aspirator (a.k.a. snot sucker bulb), so I bought a battery operated aspirator that plays music, to see if that would work better. She likes the music & doesn't fight me quite as much, and I like that you can see the fruit of your labor in the little collection tube (only a mom would say that). Anyway, as I said she is doing better so hopefully we won't have to use it much more. I, on the other hand, am just getting started on a cold. I hope it passes soon. (And no, I won't be using the snot sucker on myself.)

No comments: