Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Viva Las Vegas

For our first real outing without Kate, my parents babysitted while Josh and I went to his office's end-of-year party at the Bob Bullock TX State History Museum. The party was "Las Vegas" themed, and they hired an Elvis impersonator who was terribly cheesey--but I guess you'd be hard-pressed to find an Elvis impersonator who wasn't. I had a blast singing along to all the Elvis songs, and Josh had to explain to his coworkers why his 29-year old wife knows the lyrics to practically every Elvis song ever recorded. (When I was a wee lass, my parents put their old 8-track player in my room and the only tapes they gave me were Elvis and the Monkees, so guess what got played over and over and over...) We of course had to take a picture with the King, or pseudo-King.

1 comment:

FABI said...

Should I mention that I was a major player in your Elvis and Monkees phase? I'm sure I still have that fan club card hidden somewhere......ya'll are GORGEOUS. little Kate is a ham, I love it....I'll send a pic of the Gabster via at Halloween via email. Glad to know all is well........