Monday, October 8, 2007

A tooth!

As I posted a couple of weeks ago, we have been wondering if Kate is teething. All the telltale signs were there: fussiness, chewing on everything in sight, drooling, etc.--but as a first-time mom I just wasn't sure if I was reading too much into things. Well, turns out our instincts were right. Kate has a tooth coming in! I felt a little ridge on her gums yesterday, and when I took a peek there was a little white sliver poking out. It made me stop for a moment and realize just how quickly she's growing up. It seems like her development has gone into hyper-drive over the last few weeks: sitting up, rolling over, eating solids, and now a tooth! I've always heard parents talk about kids "growing up so fast," but I suppose you never really appreciate how true that is until you observe it first hand.

3 comments:

Rocky and Sunee said...

i'm jealous. i felt adelaide's ridge for weeks before i saw anything! still the dang thing's barely there.

Charis said...

Wow!! So cool to have a tooth. Hopefully it'll fully break through soon, but then there will be many more to come :)

Aunt Cathi said...

Aaahhh! The famous 1st tooth. Oh how I have those memories embedded in my brain. Get ready because the changes will start coming more quickly. You'll see so many changes. I know that I see two people who are becoming awesome parents. I think it's wonderful the way Kate's changes are being chronicled. My love to the Benefield 3 :o) . Love, Aunt Cathi